Welcome

Please drop by and visit me at my website: www.gaulphoto.wix.com/michaelf

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Cumberland Sugar Woods

Every March and April we celebrate the products of our Maple Woods here in Cumberland County, Nova Scotia. On any given Saturday or Sunday there is no trouble finding the most popular camps, as both sides of the road are usually lined with cars spewing forth their loads of eager visitors. During these months I make my yearly trek as well to the sugar camps in the Fenwick hills just outside Amherst.


Maple Lane boasts not one but three bustling camps along its snow and sometimes mud lined path. The Thompson Family camp is just a short two or three minute walk on the right. The Donkin Sugar Camp is about five minutes further along on the left and for those that are out for a real sugar camp experience the half hour walk to the Ripley Sugar Camp is well worth the effort.


Even though I have visited these woods numerous times in the sugaring off season, as well as in the deep of winter on snowshoes, I never fail to capture something new and exciting. From children enjoying the sweet joys of Maple Taffy, old fashion spigots and metal sap pails to the steaming vats of maple syrup - there are photographic treasures to be had at every turn.


I hope you like the sampling of my more recent visits that I have posted here.


To see the full gallery of Sugar Woods pictures, please click on the link. To get back to the BLOG just  click the BACK arrow on your browser.



No comments:

Post a Comment